Social Play Fall 2020
Playzeum is ready to support the educational, mental, physical and social well-being of our local children. The Playzeum is set up to encourage play and creativity the best mix of fun and education for your child.
In fact, most kids have so much fun in our programs, they don’t even realize how much they are learning. Playzeum is child-choice environment with structure activities, free play, and routine. Offering a variety of activities where students lead the way in what they want to do and learn.
Child learn to play with other children and to form and maintain relationships, as well as a host of skills including co-operating, negotiating and the art of compromise. Through relationships with their peers, as well as with other adults, children also learn how to regulate their emotions and develop social skills, skills that will be at least as important for their future lives as anything else they learn in the classroom.
As recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics, education program can be kept safe for child, caregivers and staff when reopening by following the proper protocol, including the following: Playzeum will be following CDC guidelines to slow the spread of COVID as best we can. This includes (but is not limited to) all guidelines for:
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces, please keep personal belongs in your car as much as possible
- Health screenings at entry, temperatures will be taken
- Wash hands, before coming into the building
- Fewer children and staff in each room . Small groups that don't mix with other groups
- Use outdoor spaces whenever possible
- All adults and children wearing masks when indoors and/or social distancing isn't feasible
- Rooms and playgrounds will not be shared and will be sanitized between groups.
We can not promise your child will not be exposed to COVID at Playzeum. We are doing our best and you must decide if sending them is worth the risk.